Monday, September 21, 2009

"hey brother do you remember when"

memories
can be interesting things.
I was watching "the eye" which is a remake of a Japanese horror film

.. something like that
well simply put.
a blind person gets a cornea transplant for her eyes.
soo she can now see. but she gets the horror filled memories of the previous owner.

not a fan of the movie i stopped watching it haha.

but it got me thinking

I remember one of the 1st lessons i learned in 11Th grade history was
something I'm sure I've heard before.

From what i can remember it was during the 1st week of school
and after the bustle of the class change. My teacher approaches the podium he asks the class " what is the point of studing history"

and the answer was, we study history so we can learn from the mistakes of the past so

we dont repeat them.

memories are kindof the same.

except memories have emotion.
why?

.. beacause you were there.
sometimes when i think of the cruelty we've learned
that occurs in the world.. i try to relate emotionally and mentally

thats the point if we see and begin to understand the cruelties of something
and the thought of that happening again is far from where we want it .
. we've just

proved the point of learning about the past.. so we can change the future for the better.

i can remember a relationship.
i can remember how my heart felt around this person
i can remember the simple things that made my day
i can
also remember the pain in my heart after i let being with that person control my happiness
i realized this after we broke up.

i can learn so much more from my own personal memories, experiences
than what someone else tells me from theirs.

if i forget what ive learned
whats to say
it might not happen again?

I've always tried to learn something new every day

and

its very possible if you just stop and think

but im sure i've forgot some of the lessons I learn day after

day but

if i stop trying to remember

chances are

i'll be reminded

No comments:

Post a Comment